Smoke Out XIII » Chop Off
There are two Chop Offs at the Smoke Out.
THE PRO CHOP OFF
This is for builders who do this this full time for a living. Englishman has told me this is probably the last year of the Pro Chop Off… so enjoy this one! The invited builders for Smoke Out 13 are:
Brian Elliot, Black Sunshine Customs
Tim Anding, Papa Clutch
Mike Olson, Boston Mike's Custom Bikes
Pat Patterson, LED Sled Customs
You can follow these builds on the pages of The HORSE Magazine. Brian, Tim, Mike and Pat are putting together some incredible builds. Please read about the builds because YOU DECIDE THE WINNER!! Vote for the chop winner from Friday 1 pm to 4 pm Friday and Saturday (Friday June 22 and Saturday June 23 at the Smoke Out.)
THE AMATUER CHOPP OFF
The entrants will be limited to ten, and there will only be one class... Chopper!
Celebrity guest judges select the winner. Here are the rules the builders follow:
1. No 'pro' shops are allowed to compete, in other words you cannot do this for a living.
2. This must be a 'new' project, so no 'already been building for six months' stories.
3. Build whatever you want, no restrictions.
4. $500 prize for the winner.
5. Entrant must show up with his bike at the appointed time at the Greenleafe on the Saturday morning of the Smoke Out 13. At that time, the bike must start, and it must make it the ten miles or so to the Smoke Out grounds under its own power.
6. Bike will remain on display at the Smoke Out 13 until after judging.
The winners for the Bike Show, Pro Chop Off and Amateur Chop Off are announced at the Smoke Out. Hammer and Englishman will be on the main stage beginning at 5:30 pm with the results!